Welcome To Brackenhill Primary School
Welcome to The Brackenhill Primary School website.
We hope you find the site full of useful information and hope it will give you an insight into our school, our aims, values and vision.
At Brackenhill Primary School we are very proud of our children and offer:
- A place where every pupil is valued as an individual,
- A dedicated team of staff who are committed to providing the very best for all children,
- An environment that is welcoming, safe, creative, supportive, challenging and fun;
- Teaching and learning that is exciting, relevant and active,
- The opportunity for every child to achieve their potential and develop a thirst for learning,
- An environment where children will experience a sense of pride in their achievements and where children can develop and refine their social, communication and interpersonal skills
Our delivery of the new national curriculum is embedded in creative themes which offer a wide range of experiences and is designed to serve the very diverse community of which we are so proud. We encourage everyone to show care and respect for each other and respect everyone’s faiths and traditions.
Our school also offers pupils a wide variety of clubs and opportunities to take on responsibility within the school in roles such as House Captain or Brackenhill Buddy.
Pupils consistently make very good progress at Brackenhill Primary School with the progress made for subjects overall across Key Stage Two for children leaving the school at the end of Year 6 being in the top 23% or higher in the country over the past four years.
In October 2014 the overall effectiveness of the school was judged as good by Ofsted and we continue to strive to improve within all areas of school life and want to ensure that our amazing children receive the best education possible so that they can go out into the world and realise their dreams.
We are absolutely committed to working in partnership with our parents and our community. We have parent classes running through the week and Brackenhill Friendship Group supports the school through organising activities such as school fairs, trips and coffee mornings.
Since 2009 extensive building work has taken place at the school including a new sports hall, 7 new classrooms, staffroom, wet room, offices and reception area. Renovation has also taken place in the Reception, Year One and Year Three classrooms. We consider ourselves very fortunate to be able to offer a modern, fit for purpose building which supports pupils’ learning. We are also very lucky to have wonderful grounds including a wild life garden, cycle track and growing garden
We look forward to welcoming you and your children to Brackenhill Primary School.