Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to The Brackenhill Primary School website.
We hope you find the site full of useful information and hope it will give you an insight into our school, our aims, values and vision.
We look forward to welcoming you and your children to Brackenhill Primary School.
Mrs Nair Ishtiaq
At Brackenhill Primary School we are very proud of our children and offer:
- A place where every pupil is valued as an individual.
- A dedicated team of staff who are committed to providing the very best for all children.
- An environment that is welcoming, safe, creative, supportive, challenging and fun.
- Teaching and learning that is exciting, relevant and active.
- The opportunity for every child to achieve their potential and develop a thirst for learning.
- An environment where children will experience a sense of pride in their achievements and where children can develop and refine their social, communication and interpersonal skill.
Our delivery of the national curriculum is embedded in creative themes which offer a wide range of experiences, whilst ensuring the love and knowledge of individual curriculum subjects is promoted, and is designed to serve the very diverse community of which we are so proud. We encourage everyone to show care and respect for each other and respect everyone’s faiths and traditions. At the heart of our curriculum is the development of social, moral, spiritual and cultural understanding as well as a strong understanding of British Values so our pupils become valued, caring and respectful members of society.
Our school also offers pupils a wide variety of clubs and opportunities to take on responsibility within the school in roles such as Prefects, Junior Leadership Team and Restorative Practice Champions.
Pupils consistently make good or better progress at Brackenhill Primary School across all key stages. Please refer to the Ofsted and SATs results tab for the data.
In July 2019 the effectiveness of the school was judged as good by Ofsted and we continue to strive to improve within all areas of school life and want to ensure that our amazing children receive the best education possible so that they can go out into the world and realise their dreams.
We are absolutely committed to working in partnership with our parents and our community. We have parent classes running through the week and Brackenhill Friendship Group supports the school through organising activities such as school fairs, trips and coffee mornings.
We consider ourselves very fortunate to be able to offer a modern, fit for purpose building which supports pupils’ learning. We are also very lucky to have wonderful grounds including an outdoor gym, running track and forestry.